The Farmhouse B&B at Kerivoa, and The Old School Rooms and The Old School House at Bolazec
Terms and Conditions
- Any Launch Promotion or Special offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn without notice
- By joining our Mailing List we will issue you with a Reference Number entitling to you a "free bottle of champagne in your room" to use on your booking form, this
- There is a no smoking policy in all the properties although at Kerivoa there is an outside undercover smoking area provided.
- Pets are an additional €5 per pet per night.
- Although we try to source as many of our products as locally as we can, sometimes we may have to substitute an alternative i.e., our chickens might not be laying
- B&B at Kerivoa is a minimum 2-night stay
- Septic Tank and macerator toilets: nothing other than human waste and toilet paper provided (no nappies, sanitary products, kitchen roll, babywipes etc., can be flusehd through the system. If a call-out is due to the flushing of an unsuitable produce then the cost will be borne by the lead guests. Bins and other refuse sources are provided.
- Gites at Bolazec (The Old School House and The Old School Rooms) are for weekends (arrival Friday after 4pm and departure Monday morning by 10.30am), Mid-week breaks (Monday after 4pm and departure by 10.30am Friday) or Week Bookings Friday-Friday
- We accept payment in Sterling Cheque, Eurocheque, Paypal (Credit or Debit Card) or Cash.
How to book:
- You can book online using the form, by telephone or email.
- When you make a booking with The Write Retreat Ltd, your contract (which includes these terms and conditions) will be with Katherine and John Parris of the Write Retreat Ltd, Kerivoa, 22390, Bourbriac, Brittany, 0033(0)296436361.
- This contract is created upon the The Write Retreat Ltd confirming acceptance of your booking. A 25% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking to secure your booking. Once we have received your booking and deposit (by paypal or cheque) we will confirm your booking.
- We can "hold" a booking for you upto 72-hours awaiting your deposit cheque.(subject to availability)
- Please ensure the availability of your transport (ferry, flight, train) is available before booking your accommodation.
- For all our guests we can provide you with a Reference Number to obtain a 15% discount with Brittany Ferries.
Availability of rooms:
- The number of rooms shown as available may change live on screen whilst you are considering booking. These rooms are available through our web site worldwide and the number of rooms left can change as bookings are made. Please do not make arrangements or travel prior to receiving confirmation that your booking has been accepted and confirmed. If you are unsure whether you have a confirmed booking please contact the The Write Retreat Ltd by email or telephone 0033(0)296436361 to clarify the situation.
- We cannot guarantee the type of room requested, only that if a room is available it will sleep the appropriate number of persons. If a particular type of room is important or essential to you - e.g. a twin bedded room rather than a double bedded room, please contact the The Write Retreat Ltd before submitting a booking request, to ensure your needs can be met.
- Children under the age of 11 years cannot be accommodated within the Bed and Breakfast.
- All Rooms and Rates featured on www.thewriteretreat.com and associated web sites are subject to availability and The Write Retreat Ltd reserves the right to refuse any booking for good reason.
- You can secure your booking by a deposit payment of 25% with your booking this can be made via Paypal online using your credit or debit card or paypal account) or by a sterling online Bank Transfer (we will provide you with our bank details if this service is required) or by Cheque in Euros made payable to Mr & Mrs J F Parris, The Write Retreat Ltd, Kerivoa, 22390, Bourbriac, Bretagne, France.
- The full price for accommodation, with the addition of all extras incurred during your stay, must be settled in full before departure in cash, cheque or paypal. We are sorry we cannot accept Master Card, Visa, Maestro, Switch or American Express direct, only via Paypal.
- Bookings made within 3 days of arrival are to be settled in full at time of booking (at our discretion) and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Irrespective of who makes the reservation with The Write Retreat Ltd the person/s who occupy the rooms are fully liable to settle any outstanding balance before departure and abide by these terms and
- The Write Retreat Ltd is VAT registered.
- Bookings are taken at the discretion of the Proprietors and are subject to availability.
- Prices may be restricted or may not apply at certain times.
- Please cancel any bookings via email to: email@example.com or by telephoning 0033(0)296436361
- All Bookings made within 3 days of arrival are to be settled at time of booking (at our discretion) and are non-refundable and non-transferable. Cancellations or non-arrival will be charged at the full room rate.
- 2 night bookings;
- If you cancel your booking by 12 noon 3 days prior to your arrival you will not be charged for the booking unless otherwise stated in the rate description when you make your booking.
- After this time any cancellations or non-arrival will be charged at the full room rate.3 or more night bookings:
- If you cancel your booking by 12 noon 7 days prior to your arrival you will not be charged for the booking unless otherwise stated in the rate description when you make your booking.
- After this time any cancellations or non-arrival will be charged at the full room rate.
- We would recommend purchasing travel insurance from a third party to cover you in the event of cancellation where the Rate Description states that bookings are to be pre-paid and non-refundable.
- In the event of a non-arrival on the first night, booked rooms will be released.
- All rates quoted are (£, pound, sterling and/or € euros) per room per night (unless otherwise stated) and are subject to availability.
Check-in and Check-out:
- Check-in is available from 4:00pm to 7:30pm on the day of arrival, outside of these hours are by prior arrangement ONLY. Upon check-in your room is available until 10:30am on the day of departure.
- Late check-out can only be arranged at the time of booking.
- In the B&B at Kerivoa your room/s will be fully serviced everyday.
- The Writer's Retreat at Kerivoa will be serviced everyday if required.
- The Gites at Bolazec (The Old School House and The Old School Rooms are on a self-catering basis, and no house-keeping is provided. Linen ,Towels and Bedding are provided and will be changed on departure.
- Washings Machines are available in both Gites at Bolazec.
- The Write Retreat Ltd cannot accept any responsibility for guests’ belongings which are left, lost or allegedly stolen whilst on the premises. We strongly advise guests travelling with valuables to check the terms of their insurance before leaving home.
- If we find any lost property, we will make every reasonable effort to locate the owner and return it, but if we cannot locate the owner and an item is not reclaimed with 3 months of the guest’s departure it will be disposed of by the Write Retreat Ltd.
- All vehicles are parked at the owners’ risk. Should a problem occur with a vehicle on our driveway, The Write Retreat Ltd cannot accept any liability. If a vehicle is left on the driveway for more than 8 hours after the guest has departed without the written consent of the Write Retreat Ltd, The Write Retreat Ltd reserves the right to remove the vehicle at the owners’ expense.
- It is the Write Retreat Ltd's policy that all our guests have the right to be treated with dignity and respect and as a responsible host we believe that we have a duty to our guests to protect them from inappropriate behaviour. Should any actions by a guest be deemed inappropriate by the Proprietors, or if any inappropriate behaviour is brought to the attention of the Proprietors, the Write Retreat Ltd reserves the right, after any allegations have been investigated, to take action against the guest. Depending on the severity of the guest actions, the Police may become involved at the Write Retreat's discretion, or guests may be asked to leave.
- Guests’ liability for their account is not waived and guests agree to be held personally liable in the event that any indicated person, group, company or association fails to pay all or part of any charges incurred.
Damage to The Write Retreat Ltd's property:
- We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying damage, caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act of the guest to the Write Retreat Ltd's property or structure. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to send an invoice for the amount to the registered address. We will however make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialists to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
Removal of The Write Retreat's property:
- We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of replacing any items that are removed from the premises by them without consent. The charge will be the full replacement amount of the missing item, including any carriage charges. Should the fact that the item is missing come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
Tampering with fire detection systems and fire fighting equipment;
- We reserve the right to take action against any guest found to have tampered / interfered with any fire detection equipment throughout the Write Retreat Ltd, including detector heads in public areas and bedrooms and fire extinguishers. Guests found to have tampered with any fire detection or fire fighting equipment will be charged with any costs incurred by the Write Retreat Ltd due to their actions and additionally may be asked to leave the property. Depending on the severity of the guest actions, the Police may become involved at the Write Retreat's discretion. Should the fact that fire fighting or detection equipment had been tampered with come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
- Well-behaved pets are welcome, there is an additional charge of €5.00 per pet per night and we reserve the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying any damage caused by your pet (excluding fair wear and tear) to the Write Retreat Ltd's property or structure. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
- The Pet Welcome Pack items of Towel, Bedding, Bowls and Furniture Throw Covers remain the property of The Write Retreat Ltd.
- Dogs, unfortunately, cannot be left unaccompanied in the properties.
- Refundable deposit required.
- Any damage caused by your dogs must be brought to the owners attention immediately.
- Minimum 2 night stay.
Nothing in these terms or conditions shall limit or restrict the guests’ legal rights as a consumer. Advice concerning such rights may be obtained from a Citizens Advice Bureau.
- Our aim is at all times to provide you with an excellent service.
- However, if you are unhappy with our service for any reason please inform us immediately on 0033(0)296436361 or write to: Katherine Parris, The Write Retreat Ltd, Kerivoa, 22390, Bourbriac, Bretagne, France, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any complaints received will be dealt with speedily to reach a mutually convenient outcome.
- We will NOT sell this information and will not disclose it to other companies.
- We use non-biological washing products.
- To recycle all consumable materials wherever possible including all office paper and to have due regard to the environment, it’s habitats and biodiversity.
- To dispose of all waste through safe and responsible methods.
- To work with suppliers who will be encouraged to operate in an environmentally responsible manner.
- To make customers aware of all environmental policies in the specific areas where they are in direct contact.
- To carry on business in a responsible manner with due regard to the Write Retreat Ltd's immediate environment, particularly at unsociable hours and in relation to noise, odour, lighting, litter, uncollected waste or deliveries and collections.
- To maintain building exteriors, outdoor equipment and grounds to create a positive visual impact within the The Write Retreat's properties.