We have two new ways of enabling you to experience the peace, inspiration and tranquility of Kerivoa
Many people have already benefited from this inspiring location; either through writing, painting and music or just from having the freedom to enjoy the Breton Countryside. But we appreciate that not everyone has the funds to stay for as long as they would like, so due to numerous requests, we have now introduced a Volunteer Programme.
Kerivoa Volunteer Programme
Option 1 - Working Holidays.
Are you a little short of funds this year and unable to afford a holiday away or have always wanted to go on a Writing Retreat? Then coming to The Farmhouse B&B at Kerivoa on a Working Holiday may be the solution.
If you enjoy: fresh air, tranquil surroundings, glorious countryside, good, fresh and healthy food - mixed with the company of warm, friendly people - then come along and lend a hand in one or more of our projects:- Gardens, Veggie Patch, Woodlands and/or Grounds. You will be asked to work a total of around 25 hours per week which is normally 8.00am-1.00pm Mon to Fri, but this can be varied by mutual agreement. Time off can be arranged, leaving you time to explore and gain inspiration from the Farmhouse grounds and local area. The Pink Granite Coast, Nantes/Brest Canal and Guingamp are all nearby and well worth a visit.
As a volunteer on a working holiday you are welcome to join in any of the residential creative writing courses we hold at Kerivoa, which would be free-of-charge.
The cost of is £90 per person per week, which is a contribution towards all meals (delicious and homemade) and simple accommodation. To apply, please email us at the address below with your full details and your ideal dates.
Option 2 - Workaway
Guests coming to stay at The Farmhouse B&B and Retreat at Kerivoa on the Workaway scheme are asked to provide their services for five hours per day, 6 days a week (up to 30 hours per week), normally under the supervision of Katherine, but there will be opportunity for you to work unsupervised. You will be asked to work mainly in the organic vegetable garden or in and around the grounds, flowerbeds and borders, sometimes clearing woodland and maintaining the stream and nature pond or perhaps helping with the animals.
On the Workaway scheme, volunteers do not pay to stay with hosts and hosts do not pay volunteers for their help – your accommodation and food are given in exchange for your services. To apply, please either go to the Workaway website or email us with your full details and your ideal dates. We will then arrange a mutually suitable time for you to join us. This will normally be for an initial 10-days, and should you wish to stay longer your situation will be reviewed. (We regret that we are unable to accept you if you cannot commit to a minimum of 10-days.) Please remember that, for insurance reasons, you have to be over 18 years to Volunteer, unless you are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
The Farmhouse B&B at Kerivoa and The Write Retreat are based in Central Brittany, France. Kerivoa is a tiny hamlet set in a bronze-age historic site including its own menhir, dolmen, ancient woodlands and streams, which all add to its tranquillity and peacefulness. Kerivoa is the ideal location to embrace or try out a life of semi-self-sufficiency, as we produce most of our own vegetables, fruit and herbs, and rear our own animals. At the B&B we specialise in offering our guests dedicated holidays including Writing Retreats, Cycling breaks, Walking holidays and Residential Creative Writing Courses.
- Your accommodation will be a 2-berth caravan with awning, with shower, toilet, heating and power, set in a tranquil and peaceful location overlooking the ancient woodland.
- Upgrades to stay in the B&B may be available at a supplement - please enquire.
- All your meals (special diets catered for) will be taken with the family, who will welcome you (should you wish) to join in with any activities they may have arranged.
Getting to Kerivoa:
- Ferry: 1.5hrs from the ports of Roscoff and St Malo (www.brittanyferries.co.uk).
- Flights: 1.5hrs from the airports of Dinard & Brest (http://www.flybe.com/ or http://www.ryanair.com/ or www.airfrance.com).
- Train: We are 20 minutes from Guingamp train station (www.sncf.co.uk).
- We can arrange collection from any of the above locations for the price of the fuel.
- Car: The use of a car is recommended so you can fully enjoy and explore Central Brittany, but if you available at the ferry ports or airports.
Contact Katherine on +33 296 436 361